Sunday, July 8, 2018

4th of July happenings.

The campaigns for the candidates running for congress in the New Jersey 11th district were invited to march in a local 4th of July parade, so, I marched with the candidate that I am supporting. This was the candidate's hometown so her volunteers were out in force. I brought the X100F with me. I had a few problems with the camera. My thumb accidentally hit the button labeled "drive" which switched the camera to video mode. I had to stop and figure out how to switch the camera back to normal photography. Also, there were a couple of times where I did not notice that the AF didn't know which face in the crowd I was trying to focus on. The X100F might not be the ideal camera for shooting fast moving events. The next time, I will bring a SLR. All in all though, out of the 20 or so exposures that I took, I got five that I liked, which is not a bad percentage at all.

It was sweltering hot. During the hour before the parade started, I felt heat exhaustion coming on and  sat down in the shade drinking water and holding ice cubes to my head. When the parade ended, I got word that one of the civil war reenactors from the New Jersey 7th infantry brigade collapsed from the heat.

A teacher from my high school volunteering is being interviewed by media. My shyness go the best of me and I sort of slipped away so I wouldn't have to talk. I am much more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it.

A marcher very much in the spirit of the day.

The candidate in front of her crowd...

...and greeting people at the side of the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment